From using local products to recycling glass scraps, Sego Made stained glass pieces are always made with care and sustainability in mind.
No Waste Stained Glass Art
These are a few of the ways I ensure sustainable, no waste practices from the start of a project to the time it goes home with you:
- Every Sego Made piece is created using second-hand tools that belonged to my grandfather
- Most materials are sourced from a local glass store, Western Art Glass, located only a mile from my home studio
- I purchase scrap glass from this store and save my own because I believe in zero waste practices, and see it as an opportunity to continuously push myself creatively as well
- The scrap glass I can't use is set aside to donate to mosaic artists
- Packaging is sourced from local neighbors and my own home orders so while your shipment may not be pretty, it's better for the planet!
- My notecards are hand printed on paper sourced from the Clever Octopus, a reuse store local to Salt Lake City, also about a mile from my home